AFC WOMEN'S ASSISTANCE PROGRAMME (WAP)
20th May 2014 (Tuesday)- Following the initiative taken by YH Dato' Hamidin bin Haji Mohd Amin as FAM Secretary General to develop women's football in Malaysia, he has sent three of his officers headed by Mr Subramaniam Manickam (Jack), Head of International Affairs & National Team Management Department, Mrs Norzazarina Omar, person in charge of the Women's International Team and Ms Siti Zuraida Mustafa, person in charge of Youth International Teams to the AFC House for a meeting with Mr. Mohd Basir, Acting Technical Director , Mrs Julie Teo, Head of Women's Development and Mr. Ernest Lee, Special Projects Manager to discuss in detail of the assistance that is available from the AFC and FIFA for Women's Assistance Programme.
The meeting which was initiated by the FAM General Secretary has given FAM a better understanding of the Women's Assistance Programme.
WAP is a programme introduced by AFC to the MAs as a development tool that aims to customize development programme and grow their women's football in respective countries from grassroots to youth development up to national team in time to come.
Based on the meeting that was held yesterday's morning, the points of discussion are as follows:
- FAM to officially request for assistance through WAP Confirmation form
- AFC to conduct assessment visit (scheduled in July, date to be confirmed)
- AFC & FAM to identify core issues and work together to solve those issues
- AFC informs of opportunities, avenues through AFC programmes, FIFA, MOU's with UEFA, AFDP, etc
- AFC and FAM to draw up action plan
- Regular review and follow up with the AFC and FIFA whichever deem necessary and/or required
photo: Mr Subramaniam Manickam, Head of International Affairs and National Team Department (Forth from left) with the AFC representatives.